[mythtv-users] DVB-T2 290e Problem Tuning HD Channels UK Freeview.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:25:00 UTC 2014

> Yes, it's definitely Winter Hill. We are in South Cheshire and have the
> choice of Winter Hall or the Wrekin. These are at opposite points of the
> compass, so I am sure it isn't interference between the two. The Winter
> Hill coverage map shows that we should receive  strong signal, which seems
> to the the case in practice. There are no trees or buildings in the way.

Just to clarify my previous post which I realise wasn't very clear.

I'm using an attenuator on the antenna input to my 290e because, without it
I couldn't tune the HD channels.  I'm about 5 miles from the Crystal Palace
transmitter and get a very strong signal.

I concluded that the 290e is sensitive to too much signal as well as too
little.

I realise that this doesn't explain why you initially tuned the HD channels
successfully but I'd certainly try not using your aerial amp and/or putting
an attenuator or passive splitter in the path, particularly if you've run
out of other things to try  :-)