[mythtv-users] DVB-T2 290e Problem Tuning HD Channels UK Freeview.

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 16 12:12:51 UTC 2014

On 16/01/14 10:32, Ian Barton wrote:
> So I got my new DVB-T2 290e added it to the backend, did a complete nuke
> all channels and full rescan using the new card and found all the HD
> channels. For 24hrs I was a very happy bunny as I could watch and record
> HD.
>
> However, suddenly the card couldn't find the HD channels. No amount of
> re-scanning, kernel downgrades, etc would make the HD channels re-appear.

As far as I can see the scan parameters are OK.  ukfreetv says BBC FOUR
is also transmitted on com7 554 MHz, but at lower power.  I'm not clear
how you have been managing the scans.  Have you tried the procedure I
set out here, entering the T2 frequency etc at the UI?  In my experience
the link between HD and SD transports only works in the HD -> SD sense.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10217#comment:15

The quoted power levels for the main muxes are similar, but I don't know
if you are in a 'difficult' location.  I suppose, as a last gloomy
thought, the T2 hardware could have died.

HTH

John P