[mythtv-users] Replacing irexec - calling a script with remote using ir-keytable

birchley giles gbirchley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 09:48:58 UTC 2014

I'm running Mythtv 0.26 on Fedora 19 x86_64. Because LIRC seems to break in
new ways with every time the Fedora package changes I've baled out and
started using ir-keytable as described here <
http://atterer.org/mythtv-xmbc-remote-control-without-lirc>

This works very nicely (especially when the key repeat rate is lowered) and
I'd recommend it as a method, however I can't work out how to replace the
irexec function I made use of with lirc.

With lirc I used irexec to call a shell script in order to detect and shut
down game emulators whenever a button on my remote was pressed. From memory
the entry in lircrc looked like this:

begin
prog = irexec
button = KEY_HOME
config = emukill.sh
end

Has anyone created a similar function using ir-keytable or assigning the
script to a keypress?

Many thanks for your help,

Giles