[mythtv-users] Getting schedules direct guide data for a new channel

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 23:38:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I rescanned an ATSC transport (New York 11) and picked up a new
>> channel 11.3 on that multiplex.  I can tune the channel in no problem.
>>
>> I've enabled that channel in my lineup on schedulesdirect.org.  I know
>> that schedules direct has data for that channel as I can see it for my
>> area on zap2it.com, yet when I run "mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all" I
>> get no data for that channel.
>>
>> What piece am I missing there?  Do I have to use mythfilldatabase with
>> the "--do-channel-updates" option, or fetch the channel lineup in
>> mythtv-setup?  Some of the stuff I'm reading about either one sounds a
>> bit scary.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Just an added note to this:  I just discovered that I can see the
> xmltvid in my lineup on the schedules direct website (by hovering over
> the channel), and the xmltvid does in fact match the xmltvid on that
> channel in the database.  Isn't that what's used to tie the two
> together?  I can't imagine what I could be missing there.
>
> Tom

Wow...this is a really strange one:  I was manually running
"mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all" as my own user login, which I've
always done (for years now) without any problems.  It didn't report
any errors and appeared to work as it always has.  However when I ran
the same mythfilldatabase command logged in as the "mythtv" user I
finally got guide data for that new channel.  What on *earth* could
that be all about??

Tom