[mythtv-users] Getting schedules direct guide data for a new channel

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 23:23:18 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I rescanned an ATSC transport (New York 11) and picked up a new
> channel 11.3 on that multiplex.  I can tune the channel in no problem.
>
> I've enabled that channel in my lineup on schedulesdirect.org.  I know
> that schedules direct has data for that channel as I can see it for my
> area on zap2it.com, yet when I run "mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all" I
> get no data for that channel.
>
> What piece am I missing there?  Do I have to use mythfilldatabase with
> the "--do-channel-updates" option, or fetch the channel lineup in
> mythtv-setup?  Some of the stuff I'm reading about either one sounds a
> bit scary.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Just an added note to this:  I just discovered that I can see the
xmltvid in my lineup on the schedules direct website (by hovering over
the channel), and the xmltvid does in fact match the xmltvid on that
channel in the database.  Isn't that what's used to tie the two
together?  I can't imagine what I could be missing there.

Tom