[mythtv-users] Channel scan with minimal updates?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:00:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Note: "Transport" is what we in the UK call a 'multiplex' and those in the
> US call a 'channel'. (Channel being the old analog equivalent: a
> transmission on a single frequency.)
>
> What we call a 'channel' I believe you call a 'subchannel'. This would be
> one of a number of streams contained within a single transport.
>
> I love the English language, but the various dialects can cause a lot of
> trouble sometimes.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Right...I believe it's pretty much the same here.   For U.S. digital
TV stations we may have channels 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 etc, all of which
are assigned to one frequency.  In the database they appear to be on
the dtv_multiplex table, whose ids get assigned to those individual
channels.

If the transport scan simply scans one of those leaving all other
channels alone, I could probably get by using that.

Tom