[mythtv-users] Channel scan with minimal updates?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 14:33:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> Kinda painful but you can reduce the range of channels so you do multiple
> scans covering the frequencies of your NY channels. If you're lucky some of
> them will have no Philly channels between and you get a twofer. Anyway
> partial full scans is what I do with my rotating antenna.
>
> I think in the longer term scanning will move to the web interface and there
> will be a services way to scan so you can create scripts to scan your NY
> group and Philly group separately.
>
> - George

Now I'm totally confused.  How to you scan a range of channels?  I was
actually just starting to look into the transport scan option, which
appears to be for a single mplex(??).  Speaking of which, is there any
sort of reasonably current documentation on the channel scanning in
mythtv-setup?

Nobody's actually answered my original question...was the whole
"existing channel treatment" option totally removed at some point?

Tom