[mythtv-users] issue with new TV and nvidia drivers

Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Wed Jan 1 23:16:09 UTC 2014

On 01/01/14 06:05 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> A friend got a new samsung TV: UE46F6100 a 46" 1920x1080 LCD TV.
> graphic card is a nvidia 620GT (asus)
>
> I've tried everything I could think of; I can't get the TV to display
> the picture in full screen.
>
> It properly shows 1920x1080/60p signal; yet what it displays is more
> like 1900x540; the picture is completely stretched vertically and the
> bottom half is missing.
>
> With the nouveau driver I can properly get the screen in full res, but
> it's not that great either as the image is rather blurry.
>
> I've tried all my (working) xorg.conf; all the nvidia drivers
> available without much success...
>
> So I was wondering if anyone had experience any similar problems, and
> what you got to fix it.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Regards
> JY
I ended up having to mess with the viewport settings in my xorg.conf.
This is what I ended up with at the end of day, and it seems to work ok.

Section "Screen"
     Identifier    "Screen0"
     Device        "Device0"
     Monitor       "Monitor0"
     DefaultDepth 24
     SubSection  "Display"
         Depth    24
         Modes   "1920x1080"
     EndSubSection
     Option "metamodes" "DFP-1: 1920x1080+0+0 { ViewPortIn=1920x1080,
ViewPortOut=1846x1036+37+22}"
EndSection

Of course you'll need to tweak those ViewPortOut numbers to match your
screen.

Cheers,

Andrew.