[mythtv-users] issue with new TV and nvidia drivers

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 23:05:29 UTC 2014

Hi there.

A friend got a new samsung TV: UE46F6100 a 46" 1920x1080 LCD TV.
graphic card is a nvidia 620GT (asus)

I've tried everything I could think of; I can't get the TV to display
the picture in full screen.

It properly shows 1920x1080/60p signal; yet what it displays is more
like 1900x540; the picture is completely stretched vertically and the
bottom half is missing.

With the nouveau driver I can properly get the screen in full res, but
it's not that great either as the image is rather blurry.

I've tried all my (working) xorg.conf; all the nvidia drivers
available without much success...

So I was wondering if anyone had experience any similar problems, and
what you got to fix it.

Thanks in advance
Regards
JY