[mythtv-users] Preventing a file transfer from saturating the network

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 06:49:34 UTC 2014

Wow.... Thanks for all the suggestions.  I guess I did leave out that
this was using a NFS share and simply copying the file from one to the
other (not using cp in a terminal).  I don't believe it's an issue
with hard drive read / write speed as I can watch a recorded (on disk)
program if a file transfer is occurring without problems.  It's only
if the HDHomerun is in use during the transfer.

If theoretical speed on a gigablit lan is 125 MB/s what is real world?
 According to the reported transfer rate across my network I'm hitting
up to ~110 MB/s then I add ~2 MB/s for the ATSC stream am I bumping up
against real world performance of my network?

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to pay attention to when I need
to transfer files!

Neil