[mythtv-users] Ouch...burned recording NFL game on invisible channels

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:11:30 UTC 2014

On Dec 22, 2014 9:02 AM, "Simon Hobson" <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:

> Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Instead of making those channels invisible why not just give them an
> > alternate channel number, say a prefix 99 for example?
>
> I don't think that would help in this case - it's a matter of the
channels literally not being available when the aerial is pointing "the
other way". There really isn't any way for the system to know which way the
user has manually pointed the aerial - other than the user telling it, in
this case by marking all the "dead" channels as invisible.

Is a second antenna an option?