[mythtv-users] Historical SG now long gone but still try's to scan?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 20 14:37:51 UTC 2014

On 12/20/2014 07:14 AM, paul wrote:
> Have followed your suggestions, think mine has become a bit of a
> Frankenstein over the years. One day I will export all the recordings
> and clean install.

There's no benefit to doing so.  It's more work than retiring an old
backend and it has absolutely no benefit over the proper process...

> Wish there was a way to just wipe the settings from none existent
> (retired, expired, ceased to exist) backend names.

which is described at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration#Retiring_an_old_backend

(Note that where it says, "If you still have access to the old
backend..." you can "fake" this by using the config.xml <LocalHostName>
override trick that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Mike