[mythtv-users] Episode limits on recording rules

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Dec 15 11:58:11 UTC 2014

I've recently been through my long list of recording rules, using mythweb, and
ended up deleting a quarter of them because they relate to items no longer relevant.

Obviously all those unwanted rules make the scheduling run longer to process.

The problem is that I often record science or history series which may have
anything from two to six episodes and then forget I have to get rid of the
unwanted rule.

The other problem with having such rules is that they can often pick up repeats
on some of the other channels, usually because the program id is now different
or the description has been edited or something.

What I wondered was, is there a simple way I can record a user-supplied number
of episodes and then make the rule inactive? The "keep so many episodes" won't
do it because it will delete the oldest and keep recording new, which may mean I
lose episodes before I view them if a repeat happens before I get round to viewing.

What I want is something where I can say "I know there are supposed to be six of
these, just record the first six", and then make the rule inactive. That means
that I still have a re-record capability if one or more of the recordings fails
for whatever reason.

Anybody have any suggestions?

--

Mike Perkins