[mythtv-users] Comcast and Cablecard CGMS copy-once problem

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Dec 19 04:08:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Per Hatlevik <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:

> is your card paired to the device correctly? i just moved from a hdhomerun
> prime to a ceton infinitv6 eth and initially i just swapped the cable card
> and was able to record most channels but not everything i'm subscribed to.
> in the web interface on the ceton there is a message about validation. if
> the card is not validated i was not able to receive any CCI info (same
> error you see) and so the cgms data took over.
>
> once i paired the card correctly and saw the :*Validated, validation
> message is received, authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current
> binding"* i got CCI info on all channels subscribed and am able to record
> from everything.

Agreed...definitely make sure it's paired properly. My cablecard also came
unpaired when swapping between my prime and ceton, and although it was able
to still decrypt the channels when in the Ceton unpaired, it could not get
the CGMS flags after my firmware was downgraded to the good version. Once
re-paired, the CCI reappeared and the CGMS was no more.

And for the record, 1.5.2_F.p.3001 was what I got downgraded to, and (once
I got it paired again) is what is working perfectly at the moment.

--
Ron Frazier