[mythtv-users] Comcast and Cablecard CGMS copy-once problem

Per Hatlevik jakeisawake at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 02:49:05 UTC 2014

> The ceton shows "Timed out waiting for CCI" so that indicates there is
> no CCI. This is what it shows with both firmwares and I take that to
> mean that the cable card is not sending the CCI.
>
> Jan  1 02:46:01 ocur[21]: ocur: [5] Channel is scrambled, expecting CCI
> Jan  1 02:46:01 ocur[21]: ocur: [5] Sending ca_pmt to CableCARD for
> program number 2 index 0
> Jan  1 02:46:05 ocur[21]: ocur: WARNING: [5] Timed out waiting for CCI
> (recvd 0)

is your card paired to the device correctly? i just moved from a hdhomerun
prime to a ceton infinitv6 eth and initially i just swapped the cable card
and was able to record most channels but not everything i'm subscribed to.
in the web interface on the ceton there is a message about validation. if
the card is not validated i was not able to receive any CCI info (same
error you see) and so the cgms data took over.

once i paired the card correctly and saw the :*Validated, validation
message is received, authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current
binding"* i got CCI info on all channels subscribed and am able to record
from everything.

i'm at work right now so i'm not sure what firmware the cable card is
though i know it is 1.5.2. i'm in minneapolis by the way and you can see my
channel status on ron fraziers site and i'm the last entry on that page:
http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/cci/index.php

hope that helps!

best regards,

per hatlevik