[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 12:37:04 UTC 2014

Hoi Roger,

Sunday, August 24, 2014, 2:20:23 PM, you wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:05:28 +0100, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Off-topic maybe, but I'll just throw it out there as a 'possible plan'
>> but wonder whether it is worth disconnecting the 250Gb and getting the
>> system fully functioning entirely on the 1Tb (which has the recordings
>> attached). Once that is working, low level format the 250Gb (and
>> repartition) and then clone the working OS to the 250Gb in final
>> configuration with the 1Tb disconnected, get it all working. Then
>> upgrade to 14.04. Iron out the bugs, reattach the storage and then
>> (hopefully) all done.

> I can't help thinking the "get it all working/iron out the bugs" is the
> flaw in the plan here!

>> I'm starting to get a bit lost as to what install is doing what now,
>> don't know how others are fairing with it :-)

> The 250 has the original 12.04/Ubuntu system that still works but won't
> upgrade. The 1Tb has a clone of this.

> The 250 also has this new Mythbuntu 14.04 that seems ok, ie working,
> database copied/upgraded, except it can't yet see the old recordings.

> His goal is an OS on the 250 and the Tb dedicated to media. And bear in
> mind that, once Myth is settled on 14.04, he may later want to access his
> old /home to copy emails etc.

> IMHO Daryl is better off using Mythbuntu anyway.

About that 'sudo chown -R mythtv /media/storage'

If there is also stil an old OS on that volume be sure to exclude that
be running it higher up the tree. Also be sure that the intermediate
directories have other set to rx ie ??5 in binary. To set that on a
directory run: sudo chmod o+rx <directory>

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop