[mythtv-users] Philips 32PFL5007K/12 TV set and a UPnP problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 20 21:57:06 UTC 2014

I'm replying via the archives so message threading will be uncertain;
and I have no experience with this TV set. Nor do I know the format of
your files.  Nevertheless...

The Myth UPnP server treats 'recordings' and 'videos' differently and
you might find that your files will play as videos - although I find
that the duration/progress info is missing then.

If you want to make routine use of UPnP you will probably want to be
able to skip commercials, and IIUC that will require something like
'lossless transcoding' first.  That may change the file format too.  I
found I could play a raw recording but not one that had been cut, unless
it was presented as a 'video'; I now apply a patch for that, but I have
no way of knowing if it would help you :-)  A ticket search for 'UPnP
regression' should find it.

John P