[mythtv-users] Errors from upgrade

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:29:57 UTC 2014

> On 20 Aug 2014, at 10:42 pm, "Mark Perkins" <perkins1724 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Michael, The partition is 48 GB with 21 GB unused, should be big enough?
>>>
>>> Mark, I'll try your suggestions tomorrow when I get a window of opportunity. likewise with your suggestion Michael.
>>>
>>> Many thanks to all
>>
>> After logging into the TTY console I get a message:
>> no talloc stackframe at ..source/param/loadparm.C:4864 leaking memory
>>
>> after, sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-3.13.0 I get:
>> no talloc stackframe at ..source/param/loadparm.C:4864 leaking memory
>> E: command line option --reinstall is not understood
>>
>> after uname -mrs I get:
>> linux 13.3.0 - generic x86_64
>>
>> after, lsb_release -a I get:
>> distribution ubuntu14.04.1 lts
>> release 14.04
>> codename Trusty
>>
>> then a message: "the system is going to halt now" ...and it did

> Daryl do you get any output from:
>
> dpkg --get-selections | grep libpam-smbpass
>
> Also what is the output of:
>
> apt-cache policy samba

Daryl, I'm going to bed shortly but if the output of the dpkg command shows that libpam-smbpass is installed then the two workaround options appear to be:

Option 1
Run the command:

pam-auth-update

And use up / down arrows to highlight "SMB password synchronization", press space to unselect, press tab to highlight ok and press space to ok.

Reboot

Then try the earlier commands:
uname -mrs
lsb_release -a

Option 2
Run the command:
sudo apt-get remove libpam-smbpass

I would try option 1 first, then option 2 if that didn't work.

If that improved things I would then suggest re-cloning your system to start again, open a terminal window and do the option 1 or option 2 steps, then try and run the upgrade again as before as there is probably a better than fair chance that the bug has affected the upgrade in unexpected ways.

If you want some reading for where I have sourced this from see:

And

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1257186

Hope this helps