[mythtv-users] Multi part movies & Tv shows in MythVideo

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Aug 20 11:11:53 UTC 2014

I’m having a Movies and other Videos tidyup and I’ve never found a way to deal with Movies and TV series in multiple files. For example all of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies arrive on two disks, DVD or Bluray, I’ve attempted to mux the two parts together but usually there is some small difference in encoding so that’s not often possible.

I’ve read through the MythVideo naming conventions docs and there seems no solution there, please correct me if I’m wrong.

What’s the official solution?

What does everyone else do?

I’ve got quite a lot of these (and adding more today, Colour of Magic, Hogfather etc.) and they make the video listing look very messy if the filename isn’t recognised or if it’s recognised you can’t tell which part is which!

Andre