[mythtv-users] Can't delete channel

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Aug 19 17:47:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Fred Hamilton <fred at yonkitime.com> wrote:

> OK, I clicked on "re-Add All Lineups" on SD, ran mythfilldatabase, and it
> didn't help.  But then I gksu-launched mythtv-setup (thinking there might
> be a permissions thing) and deleted both channel 766s again.  Exited,
> re-ran mythfilldatabase, and I now have the one, correct channel/listing
> for 766.
>
> Not sure if it was the "re-Add All Lineups" on SD that did it, or
> launching mythtv-setup with gksu (or both) but it works now.
>
> Cheers.
>
> It was both. Your re-add probably fixed the erroneous data, but changing
the lineup on SD does not delete the existing channels in MythTV, in my
experience. You have to fix SD, then delete the channels in MythTV, then
run a mythfilldatabase. By the way, the reason why your mythweb channel
editing was not working is most likely your max_input_vars in php.ini is
too small. The default is 1000, I have mine set to 10000.

Karl