[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Firewall rules, WAS: Fedora 20 mythtv .27 audio issue

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Tue Aug 12 22:04:18 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 09:14:18 AM Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Nick Campbell <westlandnick at gmail.com>
> wrote: I thought it was strange that I couldn't get the HDHR to work with
> the firewall..  I enabled all the ports, but only disabling firewalld is
> what made it work, I was thinking of moving to iptables...   This is very
> helpful.
>

> I got curious again and did a little searching. Here is the link to the
> iptables fix:
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7272
>
> I also found this on how to make it work with firewalld, but it's for the
> DVB model, no clue if it will work for other models but I may give it a
> try:
>
> http://lifeofageekadmin.com/how-to-run-silicondust-hdhomerun-on-fedora-19/
>
> You have to skim down a ways to find the relevant firewalld section.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

I'm not sure if this works for all of them, but I just add firewalld direct
rules to allow local traffic based on the MAC addresses of the HDHR in
/etc/firewalld/direct.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<direct>
  <!-- HDHomeRun Network DTV Recorders -->
  <passthrough ipv="ipv4">-t filter -A IN_internal_allow -m mac --mac-source
00:00:12:34:56:78 -j ACCEPT</passthrough>
  <passthrough ipv="ipv6">-t filter -A IN_internal_allow -m mac --mac-source
00:00:12:34:56:78 -j ACCEPT</passthrough>
</direct>

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E