[mythtv-users] HLS green stripe

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 13:49:29 UTC 2014

After following the Watch recording on iPad thread I installed George’s MythExpress, works reasonably well but with one problem. This problem affects all HLS transcoded playback so I think it’s a generic MythTV issue.

I find that on all my off air recordings I get a few pixel high green stripe at the bottom of the frame, this is only visible on transcoded HLS playback, it appears in MythExpress , Torc and jwplayer, although not so glaring in jwplayer against the blue page. All my off air recordings are 1080i25 h264 as is normal in most of Europe these days so no chance to play on an iPad without at least de-interlacing.

I found some old postings about this but they all seemed to be HD-PVR related.

I don’t see the stripe on normal MythFrontend playback or XBMC or VLC for that matter, I suspect it’s to do with the old 1080, 1088 pixels discrepancy, it looks about that size.

Anyone know how to fix this or at least how to mask it?

I’m running latest mythbuntu 0.27-fixes packages on 12.04.5 64bit.

Andre