[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not working after upgrade to 0.27.3 from 0.26

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 23:03:09 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that there were two issues,
> and the second (using the fixed /tmp/mythtv_ddp_data uncompressed
> file name) was not fixed until master where it (too) will use the
> "random" /tmp directory name as a prefix.  But maybe I am
> mis-remembering the timing of the commits.

Looking at the code, the "fix" actually is not a full fix.  In
f3d1c8798de449ca7e0d66044949d0a03e781d3c the change
is to change from an explict /tmp/mythtv_ddp_data to prefix
instead with QDir::tempPath (for windows).  The "real"
fix should probably be to prefix with m_tmpDir (although
I would have to look at the code sequence more carefully
to make sure the right member variables are being used
at the right time).

So, actually, I take back what I said about it being fixed.
I do not think it is (likely) to be fixed at all in master.
But that is with a 10 second code review.  I could be
as wrong in that review as I was claiming it was fixed
(so, I think I was wrong about it being fixed, but I may
also be wrong about it not being fixed).

Gary