[mythtv-users] Audio to 3 devices

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 03:04:40 UTC 2014

Hoi Josu,

Saturday, August 2, 2014, 3:47:27 AM, you wrote:

> Hello list,

> I am trying to configure a frontend to get 3 audio output:

1. Analog ->> Piped music: Stereo and no volume control
2. HDMI ->> TV: Stereo and volume control
3. Optical ->> Amplifier: ALL (stereo, dolby, DTS...) no volume control

> This is my devices:

> $ aplay -l
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

> $ aplay -L
> null
>     Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
> default:CARD=Intel
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     Default Audio Device
> sysdefault:CARD=Intel
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     Default Audio Device
> front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     Front speakers
> surround40:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
> surround41:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
> surround50:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
> surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
> surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Analog
>     7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
> iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
>     HDA Intel, ALC892 Digital
>     IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
> hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
>     HDA NVidia, HDMI 0
>     HDMI Audio Output
> hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
>     HDA NVidia, HDMI 1
>     HDMI Audio Output
> hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=2
>     HDA NVidia, HDMI 2
>     HDMI Audio Output

> How could I configure this? with ".asoundrc" file? frontend audio configuration?

> I normally use the TV speakers (HDMI), so I want to have the volume
> control over it. For the piped music and optical outputs, I prefer to
> get always same volume (I will control with the amplifier remote).

> Is this configuration possible?

> Thanks and best regards.

You cannot control more than one output. The system doesn't understand
that. The work around in my view is creating a virtual source that
manages by script multiple other outputs.
So simply said you have to start scripting the output.
How? I never went into that terriotory

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven