[mythtv-users] Audio to 3 devices

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Aug 2 02:36:44 UTC 2014

On 8/1/2014 9:47 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I normally use the TV speakers (HDMI), so I want to have the volume
> control over it. For the piped music and optical outputs, I prefer to
> get always same volume (I will control with the amplifier remote).

Just a note, you can only get volume control with an amplifier, after
you've converted it to analog. For HDMI, you can do a "soft volume" that
acts as a pre-amp, but you're better off either programming your remote
to control your TV volume directly, or getting a CEC adapter and
controlling the TV over the HDMI cable.