[mythtv-users] mythtv netflix hack

Gregory Schade gmschade at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:22:21 UTC 2014

> Hi Gregory!
>
> Just wanted to say that it was a great tutorial and the netflix
> integration is working fine. I am having an issue where my remote
> (Harmony One setup as a MCE controller) doesn't have a back key and
> the key that I though was a back key just reloads the netflix page. I
> think I have to change the button to another button that is actually
> mapped on the remote.
>
> I am having another issue, which I don't really know if anyone has
> experienced. I don't get any sound when running netflix this way or
> with the wine plugin version. Anyone know anything about such an
> issue? My TV is connected via HDMI, so I guess it could be that the
> sound is not being sent.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andréas
Andreas,
1. I did update the lirc (mythnetflix1080.lircrc) file to more reliably
exit Netflix/Firefox. Although that won't help your key problem. please
download the latest .zip and replace your mythnetflix.lircrc file before
you do anything else.
2. your key problem: see the end of this page (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/WM_Behavior_Hack ) about using "irw" in the
terminal. that will give you a key name to use. Open the
mythnetflix1080.lircrc in gedit (or whatever) in the second section
replace KEY_CLEAR (it's on line 17) with the button you have chosen

3. HDMI audio is working just fine here. I suspect it is something in
your standard audio settings, I'm afraid I can't be of too much help on
that.  Maybe somebody else on the list can help you with
Alsa/PulseAudio. or possible the Pipelight guys. Sorry

Thank you for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it.
Greg