[mythtv-users] mythtv netflix hack

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Thu Apr 24 19:04:54 UTC 2014

> On 04/22/2014 08:10 PM, Stephen P. Villano wrote:

> just

> >> I added a new wiki page here
> >> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Netflix_Streaming_LIRC_Integration and also
> >> added a page on my own website here
> >> http://www.schaderules.com/misc/computers/mythtv/netflix/
> >> I don't really have a place to put the scripts and lirc file so I just
> >> have them down loadable as a .zip from my personal website. hopes this
> >> helps everybody.
> > I'll read it in depth tomorrow, but the formatting and
> > illustration/photos looks great!
> > I'm definitely going to be checking it out, as I've recently
> > incorporated netflix into my myth setup.
> >
> > Devs, any interest in adding the netflix bit into an upcoming myth
> > version? It's not like netflix is getting less popular or going away
> soon.

> hope it works for you.
> I am willing to try and help if you need some other LIRC config stuff.
> primarily other remotes, seeing as I have no way of testing LIRC with
> anything other than my 1 lirc setup.

Hi Gregory!

Just wanted to say that it was a great tutorial and the netflix integration
is working fine. I am having an issue where my remote (Harmony One setup as
a MCE controller) doesn't have a back key and the key that I though was a
back key just reloads the netflix page. I think I have to change the button
to another button that is actually mapped on the remote.

I am having another issue, which I don't really know if anyone has
experienced. I don't get any sound when running netflix this way or with
the wine plugin version. Anyone know anything about such an issue? My TV is
connected via HDMI, so I guess it could be that the sound is not being sent.

Regards,

Andréas