[mythtv-users] 10 years

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Apr 23 12:20:38 UTC 2014

On 23 April 2014 03:29, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm a couple days late on the anniversary, but I just hit 10 years on the
>> running time!
>>
>> Number of shows: 1476
>> Number of episodes: 28261
>> First recording: Monday April 19th, 2004
>> Last recording: Monday April 21st, 2014
>> Total Running Time: 10 years 18 hrs 4 mins
>> Total Recorded: 3 years 4 days 10 hrs 46 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording: 30%
>>
>> So, just wanted to thank everybody for this awesome software and all the
>> help I've received on this list over the years.
>>
>> It's been quite a journey from a $15 bttv tuner to an HD-PVR and HDHR
>> Prime.
>>
>> The first thing I ever recorded was the movie "Spartacus".
>>

> Nice! I'm at a bit over 10 years myself:
>
> Number of shows: 533
> Number of episodes: 15389
> First recording: Saturday August 2nd, 2003
> Last recording: Friday December 27th, 2013
> Total Running Time: 10 years 4 months 25 days 21 hrs 56 mins
> Total Recorded: 1 year 6 months 14 days 10 hrs 55 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 14%
>
> But that is since the last time I reset the database. I've actually been
> using Myth since October of 2002, with a software encoder, on a PC barely
> capable of recording at decent quality. I had to stop everything and go
> read a book whenever there was a recording to avoid frame drops.
>
> My current system is, sadly, sitting mostly idle now, because I haven't
> been able to get LIRC to talk nicely to my IR blaster, to control my Fibe
> box (Motorola something-or-other). I'm eagerly awaiting being able to
> upgrade to Mythbuntu 14.04 (from 12.04) in the hopes that it will have an
> updated LIRC that will let me use the machine again. The Motorola DVR is so
> sorely lacking ... no commercial skip, limited duplicate detection, poor
> scheduler, no timestretch... and such limited storage space. :)
>
> aaron

Number of shows: 495Number of episodes:15203First recording:Thursday
January 1st, 1970Last recording:Wednesday April 23rd, 2014Total Running
Time:44 years 3 months 21 days 12 hrs 17 minsTotal Recorded:1 year 3 days
18 hrs 42 minsPercent of time spent recording:2% ahhhh obviously some dirty
data in there, strangely I cannot see recordings in oldrecorded where
starttime = '0000-00-00 00:00:00'

anyone got any hints where to look?

Cheers,

Anthony