[mythtv-users] MythBrowser scroll up/down

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:11:48 UTC 2014

> On 15/04/14 10:40, Josu Lazkano wrote:

>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I just install the mythnews and mythbrowser plugins, the problem is
>>> that I can not scroll up/down the page in the browser.
>>>
>>> I have configured as "Internal" browser. I check the key bindings but
>>> they doesn't work.
>>>
>>> The mythbrowser plugin version is 0.26.1-dmo3 (deb-multimedia repo).
>>>
>>> In previous versions it use to work out of the box, is something wrong
>>> with my version?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josu Lazkano
>>
>> Hello, I am still with same problem. I check the key bindings and it looks
>> OK.
>>

> This is a strange one.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with the bindings.
>
> 0.26 is getting quite old now can you try updating to 0.27-fixes? It would
> make debugging this easier if you was using the latest code.
>
> Clutching at straws but are you using Myth without a window manager? The
> browser does things with windows that may be affected by not using a window
> manager.
>
> What version of Qt are you using?
>

> Paul H.

Thanks for your reply Paul.

I am using XFCE in all frontends with this Qt version:

$ dpkg -l | grep qtcore4
ii  libqtcore4:amd64                       4:4.8.2+dfsg-11
       amd64        Qt 4 core module

I am using Debian stable with deb-multimedia repository, so I prefer
to wait before to upgrade to 0.27.

I try it with a new frontend and same problem, they work this keys: 8,
4, 2, 6, <, >. But not 7, 1, 9, 3. This is the keybind for the new
frontend:

mysql> SELECT * FROM keybindings WHERE context="Browser" AND hostname="fujitsu";
+---------+-----------------+-------------------------------------+--------------------+----------+
| context | action          | description                         |
keylist            | hostname |
+---------+-----------------+-------------------------------------+--------------------+----------+
| Browser | FOLLOWLINK      | Follow selected link                |
Return,Space,Enter | fujitsu  |
| Browser | HISTORYBACK     | Go back to previous page            |
R,Backspace        | fujitsu  |
| Browser | HISTORYFORWARD  | Go forward to previous page         | F
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | MOUSEDOWN       | Move mouse pointer down             | 8
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | MOUSELEFT       | Move mouse pointer left             | 4
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | MOUSELEFTBUTTON | Mouse Left button click             | 5
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | MOUSERIGHT      | Move mouse pointer right            | 6
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | MOUSEUP         | Move mouse pointer up               | 2
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | NEXTLINK        | Move selection to next link         | Z
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | NEXTTAB         | Move to next browser tab            | P
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | PAGEDOWN        | Scroll down half a page             | 9
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | PAGELEFT        | Scroll left half a page             | 7
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | PAGERIGHT       | Scroll right half a page            | 1
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | PAGEUP          | Scroll up half a page               | 3
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | PREVIOUSLINK    | Move selection to previous link     | Q
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | PREVTAB         | Move to previous browser tab        |
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | TOGGLEINPUT     | Toggle where keyboard input goes to | F1
                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | ZOOMIN          | Zoom in on browser window           |
.,>                | fujitsu  |
| Browser | ZOOMOUT         | Zoom out on browser window          |
,,<                | fujitsu  |

I don't know how could I debug this problem. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano