[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 11:52:46 UTC 2014

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ooh, guess that means I've got an incentive to upgrade my backend from 0.24 now.
>
> Running 0.27 on a mac has been possible for a while... just that the
> bundle app was lacking.

Should have been clearer, my backend os on Linux (as is my main frontend).

> I have over 100Mbit/s download, such slow upload is so hard to live with :)

It's OK, I'm not jealous (not now anyway). A few months ago we got "FTTC" where I live, so I get "only" 60M down and 16M up. Several of us now have "faster" connectivity than work :)
It also means I have enough bandwidth to access my backend remotely and download stuff to watch, next step is to setup a VPN and stream stuff with a proper frontend.