[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 11:18:14 UTC 2014

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've finally managed to make the various side utilities (all those
> using the python bindings) to work. And fixed all outstanding issues
> (with the exception of Setup -> Videos -> General Settings screen
> still doesn't work for some reason, but that's next).
> File is available here:
> http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv/mac/MythTV-v0.27-220-g4dc201f.dmg

Ooh, guess that means I've got an incentive to upgrade my backend from 0.24 now.

> another 3 minutes to upload.
>
> I only have 2Mbit/s upload

Such is progress that anyone could apologise for "only" having 2Mbps upload. Until earlier this year, such upload speeds could only be an unattainable aspiration for me - being limited to 448k as is standard with ADSL over here (unless you pay extra for 832k). ADSL2 not available either at home.

I know people for whom even the 448k of ADSL would be a vast improvement !