[mythtv-users] 0.27 Themes question

Matthias lists at thyroff.net
Sun Sep 29 15:03:02 UTC 2013

Hello List,

first of all thanks for the new release and all the efforts to all the
contributors! I upgraded yesterday, using the mythbuntu repositories and
it went very smooth.

But I have a question now about the themes:

I have been using the mythcenter-wide theme, but now in 0.27, it shows
fullscreen artwork behind the list of recorded programs, which is
technically impressive but to my eyes, does not look good and does not
help usability. So this is where my question comes from; 2 questions
actually:

1) Can I easily disable the artwork behind the recorded programs?

2) I have switched to retro wide in two frontends, which is visually
nice (I just miss the option to enter the menues with the cursur right
button, it only reacts to enter; I can get used to that)... but I will
not see retro-wide as a theme option in a third frontend (also after
updating downloadable themes).

The two frontends where I see it, are some flavours of ubuntu with the
mythbuntu repositories added. The third frontend is a clean mythbuntu
install. So the question is, where does the frontend get the themes
from? Is this a configuration I can change?

Thanks for any hint!

Matthias