[mythtv-users] Happy in 0.27

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 20:54:36 UTC 2013

On 09/28/2013 03:36 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > Mid way I
> was presented with an option to overwrite or leave a change to some
> file (can't remember exactly which one) and because of recent changes
> I had made  I opted to leave it, I assume I wouldn't been offered this
> option had I used the command line?

I *always* keep a list of any changes suggested by the package manager
when doing an upgrade. Ignoring them has caused huge problems on this
list. Too late now, but next time keep track. You should also have seen
the option to view the differences between the old and new version of
the file. Sometimes, it makes no difference to MythTV. Others, it can
erase changes you've made to get it to work. Sounds like you lucked out.

Try this: ls -ld /etc/*.dpkg* and see if anything that prints out rings
a bell with you. Then look at the differences between the files.
The filename you rejected would probably have the word 'new' in it.

--
Bill