[mythtv-users] Program Schedules: working or not? How to (re)configure?

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Wed Sep 25 16:37:42 UTC 2013

On Sep 23, 2013, at 9:37 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
>> Having said that, I am leery that the TV Schedule portion is not working.
>
> That shouldn't depend on the number of cards you have.
>
>> I did sign up for the $6-ish trial period, yet the programming data seems to only be good for a day or three out into the future.
>
> Schedules Direct should be providing at least 14 days of data into the
> future.  If you're not seeing that, you've likely got some sort of
> misconfiguration problem on your end.
>
>> And yes, I suspect that I have yet to figure out how to assign the _Schedule_Data_ for the CATV signal to the 2250 and _Schedule_Data_ for the Antenna signal to the 1800.
>> This may be an outstanding issue that I've not fixed as of yet.
>
> That's part of the process of setting up the input connections for the
> cards in mythtv-setup.  To use both broadcast and cable at the same
> time, you need to configure your schedules direct account for both
> types of lineups, create two video sources with mythtv-setup, and
> connect each type of card to the correct video source.
>
> Eric

Eric, et alii:

I just finished logging on and off of schedulesdirect.org.
I _DID_ (and still do) have two separate "feeds" (I'll call them) set up.

Zip Code, Location are the same between both of them
First one has Name "Comcast - Cable" and Type "Cable".
Second one has Name "Local Broadcast Listings - Antenna" and Type "LocalBroadcast".

Will check MythTV configuration later, but at least this part looks to be correct.