[mythtv-users] Dumb to "Upgrade"... Re: Program Schedules: working or not? How to (re)configure?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:34:41 UTC 2013

True enough, when one has a major version difference, I've found that FE
won't talk to BE in a way that is understood.
But, if one has mixed components, one can get bizarre behavior, where
parts work and other parts won't work. For the less technically
inclined, it creates a conundrum that is unsolvable.

In that case, they hopefully would come here for guidance.

As for the cheese grater thing, it's an old military saying regarding
the undesirability of certain events and the unlikelihood that one would
actually participate in said events. It's memorable enough that the
listener tends to never forget the point being made.
Another example is when giving a class in water purification or
initiating an IV, I'd mention the visual inspection of the fluid "to see
if there are Sea Monkeys floating in it" to reinforce the necessity of a
step that has been found to be missed in practice by many.
I've had service members come up to me 10+ years after the class and
mentioning the Sea Monkey bit.