[mythtv-users] nvidia help

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Sep 24 20:25:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-24 at 12:23 -0700, glen wrote:
> On 9/24/2013 11:25 AM, Erik Hjertén wrote:
> > glen skrev 2013-09-24 20:07:
> >> i have tried 304 and 319; now on 325. i could not really see any
> >> differences. i bought the card refurbished so i was wondering about
> >> that ? if it could be a problem with the card itself.
> > It could I guess, but it its odd that vdpau shouldn't work beacuse of
> > broken hardware. Have you seen other symptoms?
> >
> > Have you tried different players like VLC or similar? Just to rule
> > Mythtv out.
>
> i have used xbmc using vdpau and it took some fiddling. i had to disable
> sync monitor to framerate and enable sync playback to display, and it
> was perfect. which is the opposite of what i would have thought. i
> suspect some the issues may be related to the samsung which on my model
> has terrible reviews about the motion engine. but the tv will play a
> cable box or roku or blu ray very well. thanks for the help. probably
> i'll get another card. the board does not have hdmi out or else i would
> try just remove card and see how intel drivers do, the processor chip
> has video.

Does the mobo have DVI output. Try a passive cable adapter.

MythTV (from 0.24?) hard-coded the video frame sync to the framerate.
This results in sub-optimal playback if you can't use "perfect" screen
video modes.
It also makes no improvement for those who are using "perfect" modes.

At least XBMC sees the sense in making that config option.