[mythtv-users] nvidia help

glen glenb at glenb.us
Tue Sep 24 19:23:48 UTC 2013

On 9/24/2013 11:25 AM, Erik Hjertén wrote:
> glen skrev 2013-09-24 20:07:
>> i have tried 304 and 319; now on 325. i could not really see any
>> differences. i bought the card refurbished so i was wondering about
>> that ? if it could be a problem with the card itself.
> It could I guess, but it its odd that vdpau shouldn't work beacuse of
> broken hardware. Have you seen other symptoms?
>
> Have you tried different players like VLC or similar? Just to rule
> Mythtv out.

i have used xbmc using vdpau and it took some fiddling. i had to disable
sync monitor to framerate and enable sync playback to display, and it
was perfect. which is the opposite of what i would have thought. i
suspect some the issues may be related to the samsung which on my model
has terrible reviews about the motion engine. but the tv will play a
cable box or roku or blu ray very well. thanks for the help. probably
i'll get another card. the board does not have hdmi out or else i would
try just remove card and see how intel drivers do, the processor chip
has video.