[mythtv-users] SECOND card in addition to the Hauppauge HVR-2250?

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Mon Sep 23 01:25:57 UTC 2013

On 09/22/2013 06:13 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net
> <mailto:mythtv at cox.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 09/12/2013 10:54 AM, Leif Pihl wrote:
>
>         Does anyone out there use a SECOND card in addition to the
>         dual channel Hauppauge HVR-2250?
>         I seem to finally have the 2250 running, this in addition to
>         the HVR-1800 that I got going first.
>
>         I have the 1800 (single channel) hooked up to the Antenna in
>         the attic,
>         and the 2250 (dual channel) is connected to the CATV input.
>
>         Beyond that, are there any words of advice regarding how to
>         configure MythTV for my situation?
>         Note that I HAVE signed up to schedulesdirect.org
>         <http://schedulesdirect.org> for the $6 (2 month?) trial period.
>
>     I have a an HVR-1250 I use for OTA and an HVR-2250 I use for CATV
>     (QAM-256). I'm not sure what your question is so I will make some
>     statements that I hope will guide you.
>
>     I have 2 line-ups in schedulesdirect.org
>     <http://schedulesdirect.org>, one for OTA and one for CATV. I
>     associate each of those with the appropriate tuners. I don't
>     believe there were any other tricks or complications.

> I don't run with any cards anymore in my backend (only network tuners
> now), but when I did, and I had 2 cards in there (same make, different
> models), I had to mess with udev rules to keep the dev ids from
> switching on different reboots. I am not sure of the state of this in
> newer systems, but it is something to look out for if you find your
> /dev/video* devices periodically switching.
I have not had this problem with the dvb portion. Though, I have
experienced this with the analog portion. Some rules:

KERNEL=="video[0-9]*", ATTR{name}=="saa7164* mpeg (Hauppauge WinT",
ATTR{index}=="0", SYMLINK+="hvr2250_0"
KERNEL=="video[0-9]*", ATTR{name}=="saa7164* mpeg (Hauppauge WinT",
ATTR{index}=="1", SYMLINK+="hvr2250_1"

It appears I do not have a rule for the HVR-1250 so perhaps I am not
using the analog input portion.