[mythtv-users] hdHomerun ATSC and mythTV 0.27 issue

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 00:20:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 September 2013 05:11, Ryan Patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have an issue with my hdHomerun recordings in mythTV 0.27  . . .
>
> it does so for every new recordings? stop at 28 minutes ?

Thanks for the reply.

After examining more log files, it looks like my mdadm array (or btrfs
or dm-crypt layer) is sporadically acting up.  This sometimes causes a
delay when mythbackend tries to write to the disk.  mythbackend does
not fail 100% gracefully when this happens.

When the disk writing delay happens, mythbackend stops writing to that
file.  But it keeps pretending to actively record the show in all
other regards.  Mythfrontend GUI shows the the recording still in
progress.  Mythweb shows the recordings in progress.  In fact I can
start watching the recording and when I view the on-screen GUI the
program end time continues to tick up every second.  But the file on
the disk is not getting any larger.  Once the show ends, myth thinks
it recorded the entire thing and displays that for the program length.

So mythTV is not causing the failure.  But it could handle the failure better.

I'm not certain how to verify which software or hardware bit is
causing the problem.  But that is getting off (the mythTV) topic.

-Ryan