[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (mythtv user account)

Steve Magnani user.serviceable at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 12:56:58 UTC 2013

On 09/20/2013 09:07 PM, James Linder wrote:
> Methinks that having someone else's asinine ideas eg mythtv user is
> umm daft. eg uber secret database password to prevent my wife hacking
> mythtv.

I think the passwording is intended to protect against more than just
your wife. Software with published passwords (or no passwords!) makes an
easy target for malware to deepen its infection of your system once it's
gotten a toehold.

Regards,
Steven J. Magnani               "I claim this network for MARS!
www.digidescorp.com              Earthling, return my space modulator!"

#include <standard.disclaimer>