[mythtv-users] Blue screen of death. [1st of 2 questions]

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Thu Sep 19 19:13:30 UTC 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 1:10 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
>> BTW, I did not mean to imply that the blue screen (with clouds) was a Linux thing.
>> I'm reasonably sure it has to do with some MythTV setting, or lack there of.
>
> If it's true that "No key our mouse click combination I've been able
> to think of will get the MythBuntu box out of it's corner and
> communicate with me.", then it's either a Linux thing or you can't
> think of very much.
>
> Does your keyboard have numlock/capslock LEDs?  When on this blue
> screen, do they toggle state when you push the numlock/capslock
> buttons?
>
> Did you try ctrl-alt-F1?
>
> ctrl-alt-delete?
>
> Alt-PrintScreen-b?

Eric Sharkey:
I _THOUGHT_ that I had done one or more of the above, but now that I think of it, I'm not so sure.
And of course, the blue screen (with clouds) is not showing now, so I can't take a picture OR do the key combination(s).

Raymond Wagner:
If the blue screen should re-appear, AND I take a picture of it, should I post the image to this list-server?