[mythtv-users] tmdb grabber switch to v3

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Sep 19 10:45:28 UTC 2013

On 9/19/2013 4:41 AM, Al Bates wrote:
> Not sure if I'm the only one whose metadata grabber stopped working - can't see any mentions here so perhaps my system is unusual.
>
> TMDB recently (September 15th) retired their v2.1 api, which meant that my myth 0.26 system setup (mythbuntu, recently updated) stopped looking up video metadata.
>
> The fix (in my theme) is to go to Setup/Artwork and data sources and switch the Movie Metadata Source from TheMovieDB.org to TheMovieDB.org V3
>
> Perhaps if you're in the same boat this will be helpful. Can the old source now be removed?

For 0.27, I made a schema update that forced the switch for users, but
schema updates are not a possibility for users on fixes branches.
Instead, I left a note in the commit that something would need to be
done for 0.26, and promptly forgot about it.  When I get home this
weekend, I'll put something in that silently switches users over when
they attempt to use the old tmdb.py.