[mythtv-users] tmdb grabber switch to v3

Al Bates d2a at lineone.net
Thu Sep 19 08:41:58 UTC 2013

Not sure if I'm the only one whose metadata grabber stopped working - can't see any mentions here so perhaps my system is unusual.

TMDB recently (September 15th) retired their v2.1 api, which meant that my myth 0.26 system setup (mythbuntu, recently updated) stopped looking up video metadata.

The fix (in my theme) is to go to Setup/Artwork and data sources and switch the Movie Metadata Source from TheMovieDB.org to TheMovieDB.org V3

Perhaps if you're in the same boat this will be helpful. Can the old source now be removed?