[mythtv-users] osx packager not using installed Qt

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 10:32:38 UTC 2013

On 17 September 2013 13:07, Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre at dfsoftware.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build 0.26 with the current developer osx-packager-qtsdk.pl. I'm running into a couple of problems. The first is that I'd like it to use the qt that I have installed. I'm using the following config:
>
> ./osx-packager-qtsdk.pl -qtbin /usr/bin -qtplugins /Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins -gitrev fixes/0.26 -plugins  mythvideo,opengl -verbose
>
> I'm probably misunderstanding the readme, but I was expecting that to use the Qt 4.8.5 that I have installed. Instead, it attempts to download:

the source code is required to compile the mysql plugin which isn't
provided by the Qt installer.

> http://releases.qt-project.org/qt4/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz
Yes... Unfortunately, qt-project has recently changed their archive
URLs, and unfortunately, they haven't made it easy to determine what
the URL for a particular version is.

Their archive site, only contains old copy and the latest version is
located in another area etc...

So at this stage, the simplest is for you to go into the
qt-project.org web site and download the
qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz file and place it into
.osx-packager/src

> This is where I run into my second problem. This isn't a valid download and the build fails.
>
> What am I doing wrong on the command to use the local installed Qt?

you're not doing anything wrong, it's broken for the time being