[mythtv-users] Database tuning

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 12:18:06 UTC 2013

Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Why not just edit your my.cnf and bump up its limits such that MySQL just keeps those
> temporary tables in memory all on its own, and never tries to flush them out to storage?

Err, that's what I'd been trying to do !

I posted the settings I'd been trying. and the output from mysqltuner, earlier. If you can see a setting I've got wrong then I'm open to suggestions. As far as I can tell, MySQL should have been able do everything in memory - but wasn't.
As you may tell, I'm no expert on tuning MySQL !