[mythtv-users] IRQ = no

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 22:41:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>wrote:

> **
> On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 22:27:17 +0100, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/02/2013 02:43 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings Mythizens, I'm still having trouble test setting the alarm
>>> wakeup. I enter the test script into the terminal as per the wiki:
>>>
>>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
>>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ SECS=`date -u --date "2013-09-02 15:45:00" +%s`
>>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo sh -c 'echo 0 >
>>> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm'
>>>
>>> And when I ask for a report of the alarm state, IRQ is always "= no" :
>>>

>> Hopefully it's just a typo in your email, but there's a step missing:
>>
>>     sudo sh -c 'echo $SECS > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm'
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>

> Yes Bill it was a typo, or rather a copy&pasteO. That line was in there,
> something else I'm noticing is that the " /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"
> file is blank, I opened it via the GUI file system. Is that normal and/or
> functional? Shouldn't I be able to see a script?
>
> Daryl
>

> Haven't we been here last Thursday ?
>
> You need root permissions to write to the alarm and 'sudo sh -c' does not
> work in this case.
>
> The simplest way is to log in as root and run the commands, but as you're
> reluctant to do that you can use Bill's idea of running a script via sudo
> instead. Paste the following into a file "test.sh"
>
> #!/bin/sh
> SECS=`date -u --date "2013-09-03 15:45:00" +%s`
> echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
> echo $SECS > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
> cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
> cat /proc/driver/rtc
>
> Make the file executable using "chmod +x test.sh", then run it using "sudo
> sh test.sh"
>
> cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm simply reports the interval (in secs) to
> the next RTC alarm. It's blank/empty if the alarm isn't set. This is the
> first line of the output. The rest shows the alarm_IRQ & alrm_tme being
> set. Choose an appropriate time, shut down & wait for it to wake-up

Yes we have, and after getting a little side tracked, I started from
scratch, and actually tried a test as "root" and was unsuccessful.
However this time, implementing as directed, I am very grateful to all
mythizens for my first test success.  :-))
Now all that remains is configuring the backend as per the wiki, right?

The vast wisdom, and patience that resides in this list is greatly
respected and appreciated.

Daryl