[mythtv-users] HVR 1800 analog configuration

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 02:18:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln at mnsi.net> wrote:

> I'm seeing this in my front end log:
> Sep  2 15:26:31 front-main mythfrontend[4842]: E CoreContext
> livetvchain.cpp:277 (GetEntryAt) It appears that your backend may be
> misconfigured.  Check your backend logs to determine whether your
> capture cards, lineups, channels, or storage configuration are reporting
> errors.  This issue is commonly caused by failing to complete all setup
> steps properly.  You may wish to review the documentation for
> mythtv-setup.
>
> This is kind of an overreaching error message which really means something
went wrong during Live TV - either starting it or changing channels or
switching between programs.

Live TV has always been a bit delicate, so for the purpose of initial setup
and debugging of a MythTV system, I would stick with playing back scheduled
recordings (possibly in-progress recordings).

Jim