[mythtv-users] HVR 1800 analog configuration

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Sep 2 23:22:28 UTC 2013

> I'm trying to use the 1800 analog input, I have it setup as an hauppauge
> 150 with video as /dev/video0 and vbi device as /dev/dsp

The VBI device if anything should be /dev/vbi0.  A /dev/dsp device
node is for raw uncompressed audio (which isn't applicable for you
since the audio is being embedded in the MPEG stream by the hardware
encoder).

You would be well served to get basic video working before trying to enable VBI.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com