[mythtv-users] All clear QAMs gone in Portland, OR

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Oct 31 19:53:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 01:01:27PM -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>      If your local cable operator is giving you trouble, revisit the idea
> of putting up an antenna.
>
>      Beating an entrenched physical monopoly with contempt for you and no
> interest in being competitive may be easier than you think.

At the moment, I'm on Verizon Fios, with most broadcast channels still
in the clear, and all except HBO marked Copy Freely and working very
well with my HDHR Prime.  I can live with that.

Most of what gets watched in my house isn't available over the air,
and what is available would require an antenna only slightly smaller
than the one that used to be on the world trade center.

Eric