[mythtv-users] All clear QAMs gone in Portland, OR

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 29 16:43:04 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 11:28 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
>> On 10/29/13 10:25 AM, Stefan Jones wrote:
>>> When I tried the TV this morning the unscrambled digital channels were gone
>>> from Comcast's lineup.
>> It sounds like your local Comcast franchise hasn't heard of or wishes to
>> comply with corporate policy.
> This is the new Comcast corporate policy.  They're rolling this out nation wide.

Yeah, I think (especially after the other thread talking about
copy-freely/copy-once settings and the OP's mention of HDHR
Prime/CableCARD), he misread it thinking that they had disabled copy freely.

The OP was just saying that Comcast in Portland, OR has quit sending
clear QAM channels (as all cable companies will be doing, now that the
FCC no longer requires them to send clear QAM channels).

Mike